Saturday, March 5, 2011

Glazing Mugs

Today I am finally one step closer to restocking the inventory in the gallery. Over the last month or two I have delivered a ton of pots to other galleries, thereby depleting my inventory, and I haven't had much time to build it back up. Today I am glazing 26 mugs, which should fill half of the mug rack. It's a start.


Some will have spots and stripes, some will have just stripes. When done, they'll look something like these:
        
It takes about 2 1/2 hours to glaze this many, which isn't too bad if you consider 26 mugs will retail for $780. Total time for each mug including throwing, trimming, attaching a handle and glazing will be about 12 minutes. Add another 2 minutes for loading and unloading them from the kiln and sanding the bottom, and that gives me about 4 mugs per hour. Of course, making them is the easy part. Selling them is another story......

No comments:

Post a Comment