Friday, April 1, 2011

Web Hosting Dilemma

Today I spent an hour doing 30 minutes of updating on my web site. GoDaddy has been hosting my site for about 6 years now, and while I never have any trouble with the site going down, or with customer service, their online site builder is totally buggy. I have to do everything 2 or 3 times to get it to work properly. And it seems to get worse every time they make 'upgrades' to the system. I don't know if it's because I'm using a Mac, or if it's a pain in the butt for everyone, but I've tried 4 different browsers, and none of them seem to fix the problems. So I'm in the market for a new site hosting company with an online builder. I'm trying out Intuit's system, and so far it seems to work pretty well, however their pricing may be an issue. Time to run some numbers...

1 comment:

  1. Neil - Hi, this is Erin the Mom helping with the Hamilton School Kiln firing! We have yet to maiden fire it - planning to give it a go tomorrow (crossing fingers). Don't worry, I read the manual.

    The reason I'm writing is because I finally remembered to look your website up and I stumble on your post for website help. Not sure if they will work for you but I use a pretty amazing company called www.bludomain.com and they have amazing looking, customizable sites starting at $100 plus $100 to host for a year. You only pay the design fee 1x and they have shopping carts and lots of fab features plus the sites just look great. You can see my photo site at www.ephotola.com this one is actually 4 years old and I just bought a new one that I'm still adding content to that will focus on family portraits so the old one can just be weddings or actors headshots. Anyway - hope that helps you.

    Take it easy,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete