Friday, September 6, 2013

Not again!

Those of you who have been reading my blog know that back in February, two of the fingers on my left hand lost a fight with my snowblower and got pretty chewed up. When the pins finally came out, the shattered bones at the tips of the fingers had still not healed completely. Now, 6 months after the accident, including 2 1/2 months of using a bone growth stimulator, one finger is finally good to go, but the other has still not healed. So it's time for a bone graft. The doc is going to cram a small piece of bone from my wrist into the break in my finger, as well as put in a permanent tiny screw to keep it all solid. This is a guaranteed fix, so that's good. I'm not sure when I'll do the surgery- probably in about 3 weeks when my schedule lightens up. Big fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment